Friday, January 16, 2009

All Out Gunsblazing



Almost all the fans of gun-related themes out there share the same dream - to one day dual-wield pistols in the most badass fashion, blasting the hell out of everyone and everything.

Blam blam blam blam, finishing off the rounds in your clip, release both the pistol's magazines, rapid reload, blam blam blam blam. Awesome.

Seeking to fulfill my own personal hunger to achieve this, I found my oppurtunity in the least stylish means - in the arcade. That's right, the arcade's lightgun shooter machines. Well of course to achieve my objective, I had to play it alone in the 2 player mode, which also means double the credits for it.

First time I tried it, it was on The House of the Dead 2. I only managed to survive with 2 hands until the first swarm of those monster leeches, and then I died before I could even reach the first boss.



Not awesome.

It isn't as easy as how it looks like. For one I have to coordinate both hands, for another I had to make sure both pistols still have ammunition to fire, and the most painful part was that I have to kill the enemies fast enough before they could kill me, a deadly on-a-spot-reaction challenge to which I sucked at the most. At times I wished I was playing Time Crisis instead because I can take cover in it.

Well, this experience was quite frustrating in a way, so I didn't indulge myself into this dual-wielding experience too much after that. Then the THOTD2 machine in that particular arcade was removed, and the only shooter machine I could do the dual wield on was that outrageous Ninja Assault machine. Still find the idea of Ninjas with pistols hard to swallow.

Ah well. Guess it will be some time after before I get to play dual-wield again.

No comments: